ACTIQ (fentanyl citrate) oral transmucosal lozenge is a stable formulation of fentanyl, an opioid agonist, intended for oral transmucosal administration. ACTIQ is formulated as a white to off-white solid drug matrix on a handle that is fracture resistant (ABS plastic) under normal conditions when used as directed.
ACTIQ is designed to be dissolved slowly in the mouth to facilitate transmucosal absorption. The handle allows the ACTIQ unit to be removed from the mouth if signs of excessive opioid effects appear during administration.
Individually titrate ACTIQ to a dose that provides adequate analgesia and minimizes side effects. The initial dose of ACTIQ to treat episodes of breakthrough cancer pain is always 200 mcg. The ACTIQ unit should be consumed over 15 minutes. Patients should be prescribed an initial titration supply of six 200 mcg ACTIQ units, thus limiting the number of units in the home during titration. Patients should use up all units before increasing to a higher dose to prevent confusion and possible overdose.
a. In cases where the breakthrough pain episode is not relieved after 15 minutes after completion of the ACTIQ unit (30 minutes after the start of the unit), patients may take ONLY ONE additional dose using the same strength for that episode. Thus, patients should take a maximum of two doses of ACTIQ for any episode of breakthrough pain.
b. Patients MUST wait at least 4 hours before treating another episode of breakthrough pain with ACTIQ.
• Pain, fever, abdominal pain, chills, back pain, chest pain, infection
• Diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence
• Peripheral edema, dehydration
• Hypesthesia, migraine
• Pharyngitis, cough increased
• Skin ulcer, alopecia
• Do not substitute with other fentanyl products; not equivalent to other fentanyl products on an mcg to mcg basis.
• Do not chew, suck, swallow tablets. Allow tablets to dissolve in sublingual cavity.
• Do not eat or drink until pill completely dissolves.
• Overdose can be fatal.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before using this medication.
• Before using this medication, tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: breathing problems (such as asthma, emphysema), heart problems, high blood pressure, and liver disease.
Before taking ACTIQ (fentanyl citrate), keep your doctor informed about the other drugs/supplements you are taking, especially:
• Benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants
• Serotonergic Drugs;
• Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
• Mixed Agonist/Antagonist and Partial Agonist Opioid Analgesics
• Other steroid hormones (eg., oral contraceptives)
Nembutal store is the best drug store delivering all sorts of medications at your doorstep. We are pioneers of pharmacy and sell cost-effective products through our website – www.nembutalstore.com. ACTIQ (fentanyl citrate) is for sale online and is available in our store too. You can buy ACTIQ (fentanyl citrate) online here at www.nembutalstore.com as per your convenience. All sorts of medicines are available for sale on our store.